GRADUATION REQUIREMENTS FOR MASTER DEGREE
- Impressive Results on Research
– Device (Hardware)
– Analysis (Theoretical)
– Characterization (Experimental)
- Research Quality meets at least the requirement of Conference paper or Journal paper. (There is no need to attend conferences to graduate. However it is highly encouraged that your results meet paper quality. If your paper gets accepted, I will do my best to find fund to support your attendance.)
- Helps and Services for Micro-systems & Control Lab./ my classes/ Research proposals.
GRADUATION REQUIREMENTS FOR Ph.D DEGREE
- Meet #1 & #3 of Master Requirements.
- At least “Successful” Conference Talks twice. (International)
- At least “one” paper accepted by “Top Journals” combined with “two” papers for OK Journals if only one top Journal Paper. ( “Poor Quality” Journal Papers will not be accounted for Ph. D. graduation requirements in group.)
- At least one-time TA (giving lectures rather than only grading H.W. and midterms.)
ATTITUDE REQUIRED FOR MY GRADUATE
- Aggressive on your research and any learning opportunity!! (Even through I personally dislike people who behave too aggressive on daily life.)
- You are encouraged to ask me any question that you have regarding research. However, when the answer that you get from me is – I have no idea, you need to find solution by yourself or bypass it to go ahead moving toward graduation via slight change of research goal. (You need to learn to be smart and flexible when you work on MEMS research. Some problem that we intend to solve might have no solution. That is also part of challenges in this field. You could find a lot of examples that researchers bypass their original goal and get more impressive result finally.)
- Try not to be asked twice for any assigned task!!
At Stanford 11/16/01